Sign Up to Go Green
Promote purposeful, effective, and efficient personnel and employee relations practices for California’s 58 County Offices of Education in support of superintendents, school districts, students, staff, parents, and communities.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support for effective, efficient, and meaningful personnel and employee relations programs for all California County Offices of Education (COE) and school districts;
- Provide professional enhancement for County Office Administrators of Personnel and Employee Relations and their staff;
- Facilitate the linkage between the California Department of Education (CDE), Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), California Department of Justice (DOJ), Edjoin, County Offices of Education, and local school districts;
- Actively participate as a major stakeholder of CTC by providing input through various means to influence policy and regulations related to credentials;
- Provide a forum for deliberation about personnel and employee relations legislation and/or establish Committee positions on issues and concerns related to personnel and employee relations; and
- Encourage communication through regular attendance and active participation of all members.
Professional Development: Coordinate timely, relevant presentations by expert guest speakers for PASSCo and its Credentials Networking Sub-committee (CNS) to take place at each quarterly meeting. Examples of presentation topics include: Recruitment for difficult to fill positions; Teacher and Substitute Shortage; Leaves; New Legislation; Employee Discipline; and Employee Evaluations.
Advocate for Public Education on Behalf of CCSESA: PASSCo members will provide effective and efficient human resources practices that support teaching and learning for all students.
Serve as a Resource: Support, assist, and train COE Human Resources personnel to strengthen the service and leadership capabilities in support of students, schools, districts and communities. Members will actively engage in one of the five action groups to develop a digital resource for human resources professionals in the areas of:
• Annual Employee Notifications and Trainings
• Merit System
• Personnel files
Strengthen Partnerships: Continue to cultivate relations with critical agency groups, such as the CTC, CDE, Association of California School Administrators (ACSA), Cooperative Organization for the Development of Employee Selection Procedures (CODESP), California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO), and Edjoin. Invite agency leaders, such as California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS), California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), School Services of California (SSC) and DOJ to quarterly PASSCo and CNS meetings to provide updates on key issues.
Collaborate: Consistently connect with other CCSESA Steering Committees on emerging issues. Arrange joint activities with other Steering Committees to strategize on common priorities. Share knowledge and expertise amongst members. Build PASSCo listserv capacity and information on PASSCo webpage for member use.
Outreach: Organize networking activities during the quarterly meetings and commit to contacting new members between general session meetings to inspire regular attendance.